So as a small business, you are now considering stepping up and start your digital transformation. Here are 3 basic IT infrastructure components and foundation including a checklist for each in enabling your business digitally for 2020.
- People – assign or hire the people who are going to manage or do the administration of each aspect of your IT infrastructure listed here.
- On-Premise Network Infrastructure and Security.
- workstations, laptops, mobile phones
- Internet service – Intenet Service Provider (ISP) and Mobile data subscriptions
- network setup, wifi router, and LAN cables
- server – files, printer & backup
- security – firewalls and anti-viruses
- software licenses – operating systems (Windows, Mac or Linux), licenses for office apps
- backup – storage, media
- Cloud Infrastructure
- email subscriptions and office apps – Google Suite or Microsoft Office 365
- collaboration tools – Trello, Asana, Notion, etc.
- website – Bluehost, GoDaddy, WordPress
- cloud drive/backup – Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive
There you go. This only covers the foundation of your digital transformation for 2020.
For our next posts, we will cover the basic checklist for a tech startup including tools and technologies you need to establish if you intend to build your tech product.