It’s all worth it in the end.
Running a business is an orchestration profession. There are many elements to building a smooth-sailing organization. One of those is automation. By implementing an ERP or sub-modularized system software, one business will be having a one-step forward and one step ahead of its competitors.
But it’s not that easy. Implementing a business automation software requires a commitment to time, effort, and resources. The following are some tips on preparing for one:
1. Business Process Review
- Establish full business cycle workflow including security and control. Document in flowchart format if possible.
- Define reporting requirements for the operations, management and financial statements.
- Analyze how transactions are being captured.
- Define personnel roles and responsibilities that will ensure successful software implementation.
2. Choose the right package
- Determine stages in business process where the software module will be used.
- Establish information needed to be captured by the system and analyze how those data are to be entered in the software.
- Map reporting requirements to the reports/lists available in the software.
- Identify items for customization, if necessary.
3. Software Setup and Training
- Prepare master files such as Chart of Accounts, Customers, Suppliers, Inventory, Bank Accounts and Roles and Users.
- Acquire necessary hardware and network infrastructure or choose a hosting provider.
- Install Software and configure master files.
- Setup beginning balances as per cut off period.
- Schedule and execute training sessions.
- Simulate one month accounting cycle and generate month-end reports.
- Go live.